Library Custodian – Part Time
- Performs general cleaning and janitorial duties.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and staff eating areas.
- Performs limited grounds maintenance.
- Ensures heating and cooling systems are operational.
- Maintains a neat and orderly janitors’ room; ensures supplies are stocked.
- Washes interior windows.
- Assists in examining library for safety hazards; reports deficiencies to Administrative Librarian or person in charge.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment used in routine maintenance.
- Ability to keep the library clean and orderly.
- Ability to interact with persons at library in a professional, polite, and courteous manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Download the application HERE or pick up a paper copy at the front desk.